Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How many Crum families were there in early Greene Cty

Posted by thevirtualwriter 
How many Crum families were there in early Greene Cty
January 17, 2014 10:47PM
HI,

I have been trying to sort out all the Crum families living in Greene County and it seems to be a mess. Currently, I am trying to sort out all of the men named John Crum; and if possible, sort out the different Crum families in Greene County from 1790 to 1870. Again, it is a mess.

Has anyone done this; and if so, would you be willing to share your work with me?

Regards,

Darryl Crum
John Crum, Sen.
January 19, 2014 10:59AM
The following is a deposition given by John Crum, Senior, that his brother Peter Crum was a Rev. War soldier.

State of Tennessee
Greene County

Personally appeared this day before me, Jacob Stephens, an acting justice of the peace for the county aforesaid, John Crum Sen., who being first duly sworn in on the holy Evangelist of Almighty God, deposith and saith that Peter Crum is his brother. That said Peter enlisted some time during the revolutionary war, but the exact date he does not recollect. They then resided in Pennsylvania. Peter went into the army and this deponent did not see him again for some time and when he did see him, he was a wagonneer and had been for more than three years. This deponent cannot tell what offices or officers his brother served under, nor can he tell through what country he march or in what battle he fought, if any. But he does know that his brother joined the Continental army and he feels perfectly safe in saying that he served at least three years.

Sworn to and
subscribed before me
this 20th day of June 1834 – John Crum (X his mark)
Jacob Stephens
Justice of the Peace