Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cornwell Families

Posted by pammy2300 
Cornwell Families
January 26, 2014 03:55PM
I am beginning to research my family, and have traced ancestry back to the Cornwell family, who are 5 generations previous to me, in Greene county about the beginning of the 19th century. In particular, I believe George E. Cornwell served in the Civil War and was married to Margret M. I am hoping to trace even further back, but am stuck at James Cornwell, who evidently married Catherine Crum(m) in Greene County in 1827. Does anyone know of any descendents of these families present in the county today? I am hoping to travel to Greene County to locate records and grave markers. Thank you for any assistance you may offer with this inquiry.

Pam Hill
Re: Cornwell Families
January 30, 2014 11:32AM
Hello Pam,
We are not related! I'm a researcher and I do have some information for you! Margaret was also know as Maggie and Margarette, She died after 1930 in Duncan,Stephens ,Oklahoma. She was living with her Daughter Betty L. Morton in 1930. Most likely you will be able to get a Death Certificate. Daughter was married to a John S. Morton. Records say she was born in Jan. of 1847 in NC. Parents also born in NC. For what I have, you can write to me at einsteinbell@yahoo.com