Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Stubblefield Hollow

Posted by Jdavenport 
Stubblefield Hollow
November 07, 2013 02:04PM
Hello to all,
I have a question and i am hoping that someone can help.

On highway 262, in Macon County, just before you cross the Jackson County line. On the right hand side of the road that you have to cross the creek and over into the hay field. This is called the Stubblefield Hollow. You can drive all the way up into the head of that hollow and you will see an old tobacco barn up in the woods slightly to your left. At this point, you will see a loggin road that goes up the hill to your right on a slight angle. about 50 to 100 feet on the property line side of Macon County just to the right of the road are about 5 to 7 field stones turned up on their edge. I was told that this was a cemetery and I do have pictures of the field rock there. I do know that my Great Grandfather Author Stubblefield and my Grand mother Clovis Stubblefield Davenport and other brother and sisters lived there when they where all little.

I am trying to find out if someone just might know who would be buried there or the actual name of the cemetery. Any help would be appreciated or if you could forward my email to someone else that would possible might guide me in the right direction. I would appreciate it so much.Thank you so much in advance. Have a great day....