Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nathan Johnson

Posted by KatrinaJenkins 
Nathan Johnson
March 31, 2011 05:45PM
I am searching for any information on Nathan Johnson, born June 2, 1825 in Tennessee, died June 1, 1903 in Texas. He moved his family from Tennessee to Texas after 1870-71. I can't find any information about him in Tennessee. He had a brother John M Johnson who wrote him a letter in 1850 addressed to the Jackson P.O. in Madison County, Tennessee as he was going west by wagon train. John M Johnson was never heard from again, presumed dead. I have the letter. I know that Nathan Johnson married Margaret Sarah Neely on November 30, 1854 and married her sister Eleanor (Ellen) Elizabeth Neely on June 2, 1861 after Margaret's death.

I am descended from his marriage to Margaret Sarah Neely. I recently found out he was married before Margaret Sarah Neely to Nancy Lisa Goodrich. I have no information on her. I do not know Nathan Johnson's parents names or any other siblings beside John M Johnson. John M Johnson mentions Catherine Burow in his letter. Nathan Johnson served in the Civil War on the Confederate side but I don't know what unit. Any help of information about Nathan Johnson, John M. Johnson, and Nancy Lisa Goodrich would be greatly appreciated. Margaret Sarah Neely is buried in the Rev. Thomas Jefferson Neely family cemetery in Hardeman County near Whiteville. Her father was Robert P. Neely son of Major James Neely. I'm trying to find out if this is the same Major James Neely who wrote to Thomas Jefferson about Meriweather Lewis's death.