Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Great Grandfather Lum Biggers and Great Grandmother Susie Annie Biggers

Posted by retiredinsc 
Great Grandfather Lum Biggers and Great Grandmother Susie Annie Biggers
March 24, 2012 02:33PM
I am looking for information on my Great Grandparents as well as my Grandfather.

I believe I have found my great grandparents, Lum Biggers and Susie Annie Biggers.

I located the death certificate for Susie Annie Biggers (maiden name was Mangrum). She lived 1864 - 1940. Certificate says she was married to Lum Biggers and was a widow when she died, but, I have not located anything on him yet. Perhaps "Lum" is a nickname???

She lived in Marshall County in Chapel Hill, Route 1 and she is buried in Swanson Cemetery (looked it up on the web but no luck verifying yet). Susie's mother was Rebecca Kyler and her father was Samuel Mangrum.

I believe they had at least one child, a son. He was born Feb 21, 1902 (not verified at this time.) It appears he was called or went by different names - TRmintus, Mintus, Mintis, Minus or possibly Maynard. I have seen a draft card under TRmintus but that is all so far. He married Mabel Griffin on 14 June 1919 in Marshall County. He did leave TN sometime in the late 1920's and eventually ended up in California under an assumed name - Maynard Samuel Thompson.

If anyone runs across any information about any of these names I would be very grateful if you would let me know.

Pat Biggers Sharpe