Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

CONWAY/CRAIG/JOHNSTON/NELSON/BLACKWOOD

Posted by oldranger68 
CONWAY/CRAIG/JOHNSTON/NELSON/BLACKWOOD
June 30, 2011 06:22AM
Hello. It has been many years since I have used this page and I was not aware of the new changes. I am descended from James Patrick (Old Pat) CONWAY and Caroline Gately PITTS. After years of researching I can only be sure that "Old Pat's" father, my g-g-grandfather, was named William. Apparently this William was not immediately from the Lawrence/Maury/Wayne County, TN area but, somehow, married my g-g-grandmother, Elizabeth Jane DIALwho later came back to Wayne County (with Pat in her arms) apparently divorced from William, and married Willis John GREEN in Wayne County, 2/14/1842. I can find nothing for William Conway or Elizabeth Dial beyond there names although Elizabeth is fairly well documented as the mother of Asa and Jesse Harrison GREEN as well as five other GREEN children and my g-grandfather, James Patrick CONWAY. As I understand it William was resonably well off and lived in Missippi but my trail grows cold there and some years ago, before computers and internet, I was in MS and attempted to contact CONWAYs there only to be rudely informed that they were not interested in speaking about this. If anyone is aware of a marriage of Elizabeth Jane DIAL, believed to be a daughter of a James DIAL, to a William CONWAY in Wayne County, TN I would be grateful for any info and very willing to share what I have on many related families.

I posted this in Lawrence County also as "old Pat's" descendents migrated to there from Wayne County, at least my immediate ancestors did.

Going further I am also descended from the Maury County CRAIGs/JOHNSTONs/BLACKWOODs/NELSONs of whom many migrated into Lawrence County. I have a tremendous amount of work on that group. For any who would be interested and are not already aware, I have the line to Willie NELSON (the singer) also.

Patrick Craig Conway, 520 Myers Lane, Elizabethtown, KY 42701-6153
270-737-9229
oldranger68@windstream.net