Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Seaton male, 1917-1918 Mt. Pleasant, TN, my grandfather

Posted by pryorinfo 
Seaton male, 1917-1918 Mt. Pleasant, TN, my grandfather
July 04, 2011 08:41AM
My grandmother Kate Prier/Prior/Pryor had a child w/a man from the Mt. Pleasant, TN,
area. The ONLY first name I have is: Candy, which is obviously a nickname. We are
talking the early 1900's. My dad was born in 1918, so obviously this male Seaton
& my grandmother knew each other maybe as early as 1917, but definitley 1918 since
my dad was born Nov. 1918.

My grandmother worked for the telephone company in Mt. Pleasant & lived w/her sister
Annie. Of course after my grandmother got pregnant out of wedlock, that relationship
was strained.

My mother said that my dad, Darnell (lived w/his grandparents Aaron Lindsey & his 2nd
wife & Ethyl Prior, Prier, Pryor) actually had visits w/this Candy Seaton, but there are no
pictures. My dad was born at home, so there are no birth records either.

My grandmother eventually married William Hollis Williams when my dad was about 8 yrs.
old, but before that my dad took my grandmother's last name of Prier/Prior/Pryor until
she married Williams Hollis Williams. They lived in Columbia, TN, at 435 Hickman St.
William "Hollis" Williams worked for the telephone co. as a "lineman" & he met my
grandmother in Mt. Pleasant. He always went by the nickname of "Shorty". All
of these people have passed many yrs. ago & I am just trying to find out about my
real father's father. I would just like to know about the Seaton family since I really
am a "Seaton", not a "Williams".

If ANYONE in the Lawrenceburg area has ANY KNOWLEDGE of Seatons, I would
appreciate a response. Any relatives who knew anything have passed so there is
no reason now for me to find out about my "Seaton" roots. My father Darnell passed
away June 9, 1990.

Thank you!

Trish (Williams) Smith
PryorInfo@yahoo.com