Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

William Bradshaw Wilson

Posted by yogaleigh 
William Bradshaw Wilson
August 11, 2011 02:25AM
I'm trying to trace my family beyond my great grandfather, William Bradshaw Wilson (born and died Maury Co. (1821-1906). I can't find any reference to his parents names. I have seen some histories that tell me the first Wilsons there came from Williamsburg Co. SC and I'm guessing that one of them would be his father or grandfather (William, Robert and David were the Wilsons I've seen listed). I've also seen that a William Bradshaw was there in the early years and was an early county judge. Knowing the way they used family names, I'm guessing that a son of a Wilson married a daughter of Bradshaw and that William B was their son, but I can't seem to make the exact link to any of these people. If anyone has more info on either the Bradshaw or the Wilson link I'd appreciate it.

My grandmother, Jane Wilson Gallaher, was the daughter of William B and Julia McCaw Wilson and the McCaws also lived in Maury Co. I've been able to trace them back to Ireland but so far not anything past the James McCaw who emigrated. I'm interested in any offspring of my grandmother's siblings. For some reason she wasn't in touch with any of them and told us very little but I'd like to know what happened to the rest of the family. Thanks, Leigh

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2011 08:43PM by yogaleigh.